Happy Hump Day!
The time has come to elect a group of AJET officers for the 2014-2015 JET year! Yay! Each position is open every year to ensure that each JET has an opportunity to serve on the AJET executive council if they wish to do so! Applicants should be current JETs who are reliable, have excellent time management skills, and are re-contracting for the 2014-2015 JET year. This also includes current Aomori AJET executive council members. Those wishing to run for an elected position should contact the current holder of your desired position to find out more about what the position entails, and submit a platform to email@example.com. If you would like to run for one of the three elected positions (President, Vice-president, or Treasurer) please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, the position you are running for, and your 1-2 paragraph platform on why you should be elected for the position. HERE are some examples of more detailed platforms to get you started, but please only submit a 1-2 paragraph platform. Descriptions of each elected position are attached to this email.
IMPORTANT DETAILS ABOUT CAMPAIGNS:
- All submissions must be received by Monday, February 24th by 11:59PM.
- Voting will be held on Thursday February 27th 9:00AM to Sunday, March 2nd 11:59PM.
- You cannot use any form of verbal or visual campaigning other than the 1-2 paragraph platform you submit.
- You CAN and SHOULD submit a picture to go along with your platform.
- What you say in your 1-2 paragraph platform is imperative to gaining votes. Explaining what you can do for AJET and qualities about your location and skills that will help you secure the position. The voting and campaigns are solely based on your 1-2 paragraph platform and the qualifications and plans for the future of AJET that you submit. So, be sure to write a well thought out couple of paragraphs!
- You cannot run in a group or as a unit. Each candidate is running as a solo candidate.
- JETs who have re-contracted for the 2014-2015 year will be able to vote, which will be monitored by the PAs to maintain authenticity.
- You NEED YOUR JET NUMBER to vote. This is the number you used to re-contract and to sign up for the CLAIR Japanese courses. If you don’t remember your number, please email the PAs.
- You may only run for one position.
- You may only run for a position if you are re-contracting for another year.
- One term in office is equal to one full year from the start date of your appointment to Aomori AJET.
- You may vote for yourself.
- Only JETs may hold a position.
- Your only platform for self-promotion should be the email you send to email@example.com, which will be put online for everyone to read on February 27th and March 2nd.
Aomori AJET also has appointed positions for those who are interested in volunteering their time to support and work with the Aomori AJET team! If you have an expertise in, or just really enjoy photography, website management, graphic design, website/PR translation, or journalism and would like to serve the JETs of Aomori, please contact Tori Sharpe to talk about appointed positions! AJET would love to include you on the team. Or if you would like to become involved in GMA, please contact Pat Owens for more info at pat….@gmail.com. Here are some descriptions of appointed positions that are not a part of the elections process: Elections – Appointed Positions
Stay Classy Aomori!
Your AJET Fambam